Home Care Tips in The Heights, TX
It is believed that a chronic swelling that causes the immune system of the body to attack when it actually should not causes arthritis. Current research seems to show that it’s beneficial to fight the swelling with a diet that contains high omega-3 fatty acids. Since these fatty acids are showing promise in fighting inflammation and possibly lowering risks of developing inflammation-related disease, it’s beneficial to incorporate foods with omega-3s into your diet. The following are some dietary tips to avoid arthritis that you should know:
- Replace oils that have high omega-6 fatty acids, for instance safflower oil, corn oil and sunflower oil with canola oil or olive oil.
- Eat a lot of vegetables and fruits. Majority of them contains antioxidants that fight the chronic inflammation. Some of the best sources of the antioxidants that fight inflammatory are cherries, blueberries and pineapples.
- Eat less amount of red meat since it contains high content of the inflammatory fatty acids.
- Avoid salt, white flour and white sugar because they tend to promote inflammation. These ingredients are commonly found in pasta, sugary cereals, cookies, candy and bread.
- Try to avoid foods that raise the low density cholesterol in your body because they have an inflammatory effect. This would include cookies, cake and fried foods.
- Use more spices for better health. Research has proven that cur cumin, turmeric, garlic, ginger and other spices can assist in reducing the inflammation that accompanies arthritis.
These dietary changes are not meant to be taken as a complete arthritis treatment program. You can seek the advice of your doctor to assist you in making decisions on the medicinal treatment options that you can consider. Some cases of arthritis have been attributed to certain allergies. It may be beneficial to undergo some allergy testing to find out if this applies to you.
If you or your loved one has arthritis or is trying to avoid it, diet and exercise can have a profound effect. It is very beneficial to raise the quality of the food you eat as well as make sure you are moving your body enough to maintain better health.
For your senior loved one with arthritis, in-home care services can give you the help you need. You can’t always be there to help your aging parent with the everyday tasks of living such as meal preparation, light housekeeping, paying bills and transportation to the doctor’s office. With an in-home care provider you don’t need to worry about your elderly loved one. You know they are being taken care of and receiving the best of care. The caregiver is good at helping seniors stay on their prescribed diet and reminding them to take their medications so doses aren’t being missed.
If you or an aging loved one are in need of home care services in The Heights TX, please call the staff at New Frontier Home Care. We are available to answer your senior care questions! Call Today (832) 664-7394. Providing Care in Houston, River Oaks, The Heights, Memorial, Katy, Kingwood, Spring, Pearland, The Woodlands, Sugar Land & League City Texas.
Gary completed his Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management on a full-ride scholarship at North Dakota State University. He returned back to his hometown of Houston & joined the Houston Police Department, putting his life on the line to keep others safe. Currently Gary stays involved with the police force through monthly volunteer work, but his main priority is New Frontier Home Care, where he serves as Marketing Director.
Gary is a Verified Google Author