Labor Day weekend is upon us. For most, this means a long-weekend, no work on Monday, and perhaps a last summer BBQ. Labor Day is a holiday meant to honor the American labor movement and the contributions that workers have made to the strength, prosperity and well-being of the country. And New Frontier Home Care thinks: What better way to celebrate than by whipping up some delicious food?
- (1) Package of Dry Italian Seasoning
- (1) Package of Dry Au Jus Seasoning
- (1) Can of Chicken Broth
- (1) Roast
- Hoagie Buns
- Swiss Cheese Slices
- Onions – Chopped
- Green Peppers – Chopped
- Pour chicken broth into crock pot and mix in the Italian and au jus seasoning packets.
- Add roast to the crock-pot & spoon liquid seasoning mixture over it.
- Set crock-pot to cook for (24) hours on LOW.
- Shred roast using forks.
- Pre-heat oven to BROIL.
- Add desired amount of meat to hoagie buns and customize as you please (swiss cheese, onions and/or green peppers).
- Place sandwiches in oven until cheese is melted and hoagie bun is slightly toasted.
Dill Pickle Dip
- (8oz) Package of Cream Cheese
- (8oz) Container of Sour Cream
- (1/2) Tsp. of Onion Powder
- (1/2) Tsp. of Garlic Powder
- (1) Can of Favorite Dill Pickles – Chopped
- (2) Tbsp. of Pickle Juice
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Cover and place in refrigerator for a minimum of (3) hours (the longer, the better-try making it a day in advance).
- Serve chilled with chips, crackers or bread of your choice!
New Frontier hopes you have a safe and fun holiday weekend!
If you or an aging loved one are in need of elder care services in the Greater Houston area, please call the staff at New Frontier Home Care. We are available to answer your senior care questions!
Call Today: (832) 602-2282
Providing care in Houston, River Oaks, The Heights, Memorial, Katy, Kingwood, Spring, Pearland, The Woodlands, Sugar Land & League City.