When the realization hits that in-home care services are needed for yourself or a loved one, the thought of finding the best in-home care agency can be very overwhelming. You are going to want to find out about the services they offer, their staff, costs and quality of care. New Frontier has put together a list of some questions to keep in mind when you are interviewing agencies below.
- Is your agency licensed by the state?
- What services does your agency provide (skilled, non-medical, etc.)?
- What service hours does your agency provide?
- What is the process and timeframe to start service with your agency?
- How does your agency develop personalized care plans?
- What type of staff does your agency have available (Registered Nurse, Certified Nursing Assistant, Personal Care Attendant, Homemaker, etc.)?
- What does your hiring process and background check entail?
- Who supervises in-home caregivers at your agency?
- Are staff members licensed and insured by the agency?
- Do the same caregivers attend to each client or do they rotate?
- What happens if a caregiver does not show up?
- Are we able to ask for a different caregiver if we are unhappy with the current one?
- How can we pay for your services (out-of-pocket, long-term care insurance, Medicare/Medicaid, etc.)?
- Please explain any other costs besides the service cost (deposits, fees, mileage, etc.).
- When did the agency last increase costs and by how much?
- How often and how does your agency bill for services?
- Do you require a long-term contract for services?
- What costs are associated with terminating services (short-term or permanently)?
- Does your agency have references?
- Is your agency inspected by the State or outside organization?
- Does your staff receive on-going training?
- How does communication between staff and family work?
- Is there a written care plan for each client? And if so, who develops and maintains the care plan?
- How long as your agency been in business?
If you or an aging loved one are in need of elder care services in the Greater Houston area, please call the staff at New Frontier Home Care. We are available to answer your senior care questions! Call Today at (832) 602-2282. Providing care in Houston, River Oaks, The Heights, Memorial, Katy, Kingwood, Spring, Pearland, The Woodlands, Sugar Land & League City.